Appleseed School is an in-home licensed child care facility, located in a very safe and quiet neighborhood. It offers a unique in-home arrangement, with the entire lower level of our home dedicated to a preschool.
We believe after visiting our facility, reviewing our curriculum, and discussing your requirements you will be convinced that you have found the premier preschool in your vicinity for children ages two through five.
Appleseed School & Daycare proudly serves families in Edmonds, Woodway, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Shoreline, Mukilteo, Brier, Lake Forest Park and surrounding neighborhoods, as well as families taking the Edmonds/Kingston ferry.
We offer Spanish lessons to interested parents and their children; please call for details.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday through Friday, 7:00am to 6:00pm (early pickup available if desired).
7:00 to 9:00 Arrival:
- Play and self-directed activities.
9:00 to 9:15 Circle Time:
- Music and singing.
- Fun games.
- Story time, when stories are shared and discussed, encouraging listening skills.
9:15 to 9:45 Snack Time:
- Snacks will be provided, consisting of a variety of healthy, nutritious foods and beverages such as grains, veggies, fruit, dairy and 100% fruit juices. Water is always available throughout the day.
9:45 to 11:00 Exploration:
- At this time children move to the exploration room. They will choose one of numerous activities available, including dramatic play, block building, sensory play, art activities, literacy opportunities, science experiments and much more. These activities will be reviewed and changed periodically to allow them to engage in new types of exploration.
11:00 to 11:30 Outdoor Play:
- Our large outdoor play area offers a variety of fun things such as a sand box, play house, balls, toys, riding cars, climbing structure and a 24″-diameter, 10-foot-long fun tube to play in, on and around. We also have a covered outdoor play area for rainy days.
- These activities will enhance children’s cooperation, socialization, leadership, communication, coordination and large motor skills, while having FUN!
11:30 to 12:00 Teacher-Directed Activities:
- Activities cover a wide spectrum including story time, writing (letters), math (counting and number recognition), science, art, building small motor skills and much more.
12:00 to 12:30 Lunch Time:
- A nutritious USDA-approved lunch is provided. You may also provide lunch for your child if desired.
12:30 to 1:00 Outdoor Play:
- See 11:00 to 11:30.
1:00 to 3:00 Nap/Rest Time:
- This is a time for napping and/ or quiet time (reading or quiet play).
3:00 to 3:30 Snack Time:
- See 9:15 to 9:45.
3:30 to 4:00 Outdoor Play:
- See 11:00 to 11:30.
4:00 to 5:00 Literacy Time:
- Story books, songs, flannel stories and language games.
5:00 to 6:00 Free Choice and Departure Time:
- You are free to pick up your child any time prior to the normal pick up time (between 5:00 and 6:00). If your child needs to be picked up at any other time, please let us know in advance so that we could be prepared to adjust your child’s schedule accordingly.
The Washington State Department of Early Learning has a helpful guide to finding quality childcare available for download: You Have a Choice! (PDF).